Here are the steps to install our bike rack on the car.
Parts required for the installation of the bike mount on hitch 2″
- Bike rack
- 2″ adaptor
- Allen key
- Allen screw 3/8″
- Lock hitch pin
- Security cable
- Insert anti-rattle into adapter 2″
- Insert the 2″ adapter into your 2″ hitch;
- Align the hole of your hitch with the hole of our adapter to insert your hitch pin;
- Insert the hitch pin into the hole;
- Slide the anti-rattle to the end of your hitch and tighten the handle as hard as possible.
- Unscrew the Allen screws enough to allow the base of the bike rack to enter;
- Enter the longest bar in first into the adapter to facilitate entry of the smallest;
- Tighten allen screws as strong as possible with your Allen key;
- The longest bar has a hole at its end that will allow you to insert a padlock to secure your bike rack and to increase its strength.
- Remove the pin located at the bottom of the center bar and lower it to facilitate the installation of the bike closest to the vehicle;
- Adjust the wheel supports according to the length of your bicycle;
- Insert your bike into the wheel supports and lower the hook onto the frame of your bike;
- Verify to not leave any lug between the hook and your bicycle and tighten the hook handle as hard as possible;
- For your second bike, please install it in the opposite direction of the first and repeat the previous steps.
You are now ready to go! Installation takes less than 5 minutes.
If you have a safety cable, you can lock your bike rack with your padlock in the hole placed at the base.