Here are the steps to install our travel trailer bike rack.
PARTS REQUIRED FOR THE INSTALLATION OF THE TRAVEL TRAILER BIKE RACK
All these parts are included with the purchase of the trailer kit.
- Hitch car adapter
- Anchoring foot (2)
- Bracket (left and right)
- Central bar
- Allen key
- Golden bolts 3/8 (4)
- Nylon lock nuts 3/8 (4)
- Allen screws 3/8 (8) (already inserted in holes)
- Take the anchorage foot and place it on top of the tongue;
- Insert a bolt on each side;
- Place the anchorage plate under the trailer chassis;
- Tighten the nuts leaving a small space between the trailer chassis and the nut;
- Enter the left and right bracket in the central bar to be ready to insert onto the anchoring feet (the Allen screws must face your trailer);
- Insert the rack onto the anchoring feet (round tube 8″ high);
- Align the central bar to be centered on the trailer rack.
- Tighten the Allen screws with your key as tightly as possible on the anchoring and legs so that the rack holds together.
- Tighten the anchoring foot nuts to make sure everything is tight.
- Repeat the same steps for the second one.
- Insert the bike rack into the adapter on the central bar;
- Push the bike rack as far as possible and insert your padlock (If the padlock rubs your trailer, you can move the bike rack away from the trailer and re-tighten the Allen screws);
- Tighten the Allen screws as tightly as possible
For any explanation on bike racks, please see the “Vehicle installation” section.